Your cars constantly need your attention and care. However, you can’t hug your car but you can maintain it immaculately. Many people overlook certain aspects to take care of their car which leads to engine failure, uneven driving experience, and other major blowouts which are heartbreaking. Also, don’t forget the expensive and cumbersome visits to the mechanics or workshops.
It is a myth that one has to be an expert to have a smooth-running car. You don’t have to go through the burden of involving yourself with the technicalities of your car. To ease things for you, here are some of the easiest tips which will help your car to have a long life:
- Follow the ‘cover, polish, care’ rule – the best way to keep your car’s exterior as new as ever is by following the rule of cover, polish, and care. The pebbles or insects can damage its bumper etc. which is why cover it with transparent tape. Also apply a wax polish to maintain its shine. Don’t forget to take care of it by cleaning it twice or thrice a week.
- Keep a check on the engine oil – any issue with the lubrication of your car can affect the mileage and puts more strain on your car’s engine. Therefore, check the engine oil of your car after covering 5000 – 8000kms. Ensure to park your car on a proper surface to get an accurate reading. This should be done every two months.
- Don’t forget the tire pressure – uneven pressure on your car tires can severely damage them or can even lead to blowouts. Plus, your car’s fuel efficiency also gets affected. However, one has the liberty to raise the pressure of your tire and it won’t cause any issues.
- Keep an eye on the air conditioning system – while everyone talks about other aspects of the car, one should also focus on its air conditioning system. It is said that about 10% of the freezing agent evaporates from the system. If you don’t replace the chemical then the car’s compressor can get damaged. Therefore, get your car’s air conditioning system checked every three years.
- Don’t be so hard while changing gears – one should always change their gears smoothly. Doing this can bring a big change in their car’s clutch as well as gears. Avoid, keep your foot on the clutch pedal after changing the gear. Otherwise, the clutch plate can get damaged.
- Warm the car’s engine before every drive – thick oil takes a long time to lubricate which is why it is better to warm the engine before every drive. Otherwise, your car’s engine can face serious issues. Try to drive slowly at first and allow the engine to warm up a bit.
All the above-mentioned tips are small but create a big difference in your car’s longevity. Also, they are super simple to follow by anyone. So, if you want your car to have a long life then follow them religiously.